Assistant Site Manager
Warehousing & Distribution
Updated February 20, 2013
A key ‘hands-on’ leadership role, which supports the site Manager in the course of the daily operational management. The role entails ensuring all operational efficiency targets are achieved whilst identifying and minimising risk, and maintaining a safe environment and high quality standards. Effective communication and positive relationships are critical, as is the motivation and development of Team Managers in order to achieve success.
• Effective management of Team Managers to ensure performance standards for all operational areas are met.
• Effective interpretation and implementation of Company Policies and procedures.
• Successful resource management to ensure appropriate cover across the site at all times whilst minimising cost e.g. reallocation of tasks, planning for peak etc.
• Resolution of issues at a second tier level or complex first tier issues.
• Contribution to the business improvement plan.
• Supporting the site & Implementation of corrective actions and Continuous improvements
Who we’re looking for
Experience of management of a team of 5+ managers
Experience of coaching and development
A proven ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
3 years+ commercial experience gained in a service focused ‘big shed’ distribution environment
Experience of budgeting and CPU management
Experience of working within a unionised environment
Experience of working with external suppliers / customers
Experience of dealing with complex ER issues
Strong planning/organisational and prioritisation requirements
Strong people management skills
Excellent IT skills with the ability to produce e-presentations, reports and spreadsheets
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence in a positive manner to senior audiences
Confident decision maker
Ability to prioritise and manage own & teams workload
Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
Full UK driving Licence
About our client
Large organisation in Yorkshire
What’s on offer
£29000 – £31500
Michael Page Contact
For further info, apply or phone on 0114 263 6020. Job Ref: 13281588