Depot General Manager
Permanent ⁄ £55000 – £60000
Updated February 1, 2013
As the Depot General Manager you will be responsible for achieving the budget for the Depot. Based in Essex, you will manage through your team and have accountability for the following:
• Driving the management team to improve the efficiency of the depot through managing the productivity and costs of transport, warehouse and the total depot operations.
• Energising and building the whole team through focusing people on improvement, the right selection of people, identifying talent and ensuring appropriate learning and development activity is in place.
• Managing a team of Operational Managers to drive operational efficiencies, service excellence and productivity within the business to agreed levels or company KPI measurements.
• Achieving the profit budget for the Depot.
You will also be measured against your ability to manage the following:
• Operating Costs.
• Achievement of Profit and Loss responsibilities.
• Service standards/Company KPI standards.
• Retention of business.
• Management and development of teams and retention of key people.
• Best Company/People Survey results.
• Company and External Audit standards and legislation.
Who we’re looking for
• Experience and understanding of the food service/distribution market place.
• Multi temperature and multi drop distribution experience.
• Proven people management track record.
• Profit & Loss Management.
• Examples of where you have explored opportunities within depot(s) to develop advantage and exceed KPI targets.
• Can demonstrate where you have influenced others who are peers or direct reports to adapt to new ways of working.
• An ability to lead and motivate a team and ensure a can do culture linked to strong ownership existing skills.
About our client
Our client is a leading food distribution business.
What’s on offer
Michael Page Contact
For further info, apply or phone on +44 (0) 20 7831 2000. Job Ref: 13282508