Head of Distribution
National (Extensive Travel to Midlands)
Permanent ⁄ £75000 – £85000
Updated February 19, 2013
The successful candidate must have an extensive background in logistics change management, as well as large-scale, multi-site experience:
• Very strong emphasis on coaching, mentoring and engagement of staff (this is a non-negotiable).
• Very strong emphasis on change management of cultures and operational transformation projects (this is a non negotiable).
• To be responsible for the strategic development and the delivery of service and operational excellence for the account, ensuring that my client exceed expectations to support growth and ongoing relationships.
• Management of multiple Warehouse & Transport functions across the UK that are very integrated with the customer.
• With a continuous improvement philosophy, seek opportunities to grow the service offering with existing & new customers.
• Develop and enhance customer relationships at a senior level by demonstrating my clients ability to add value to their business.
• Identify and pursue operational development possibilities.
• Strong commercial focus – supporting and making cases for growing the contract and identifying other Business Development opportunities.
• To continually review, evaluate and develop the effectiveness of operational performance for each site.
• To establish and continue the development of strong two-way relationships with the customer.
• Responsible for the P&L, including cash flow management and concise budgetary control.
• Responsible for the management, motivation and development of the site teams, ensuring and maintaining open communication on a day to day basis
Who we’re looking for
• Must have large scale multi-site closed and open book experience. (This is a non negotiable).
• An experienced and credible ‘leader’ with a ‘hands on’ value driven approach.
• Can demonstrate a grasp and control over the cost/service trade-off required within Logistics operations.
• Proven track record in achieving challenging objectives.
• Ability to empathise with demanding customer.
• From a customer first, growth environment.
• Versatile and proactive management style with the ability to engage and motivate teams.
• Ability to recognise and respond to changing business needs.
• Excellent financial awareness & commercial acumen.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Committed to the continuous development of colleagues.
• A team contributor across the organisation beyond own unit boundaries.
• Provides a clear vision, adds value where involved.
• Creates opportunities, overcome obstacles and thinks outside the box.
• Adaptability to cope with the needs of a rapidly changing environment.
• Analytical thinker capable of dealing with complexity and handling multiple tasks
About our client
Our client are a leading 3PL.
What’s on offer
£75k – £80k + car + benefits
Michael Page Contact
For further info, apply or phone on 0115 9349611. Job Ref: 13270992