Interim Import / Export Administrator
Shipping / Freight
Temp ⁄ £20,000-£25,000
Updated February 5, 2013
• Day to day liaison with freight forwarders and resolution of issues relating to importing.
• Support the integration of product flow into the import operation and SSL Network.
• Support performance and commercial management of SSL’s Freight Manager and selected PCC.
• Support relationship development with selected shipping lines and hauliers.
• Focus on realising continuous improvement opportunities.
• Monitoring of reporting and ensuring visibility functions are delivering the required solution.
• Suggesting development and improvement opportunities.
• Provide data for challenging Trading and Merchandising on commercial decisions and performance of vendors supported by management information from LIMA.
• Support the development & implementation of new supply chain solutions to maximise service & minimise cost.
• Prioritise in-bound flow of product to minimise incurring demurrage.
• Provide data as required to in-country Global Sourcing teams and Trading to support development of Global Sourcing.
• Provide solutions and quotations for trading on new routes to market.
• Assist with customs duty classifications for all new lines.
• Processing of freight invoices and liaison with Accounts regarding invoicing issues and queries.
• Support Import Team as required.
Who we’re looking for
Produce project plans, supplier analysis and process maps to support development strategy.
• Able to demonstrate commercial awareness.
• Experience of International Supply Chain.
• Experience of opening shipping documentation.
• Experience of classifying product for customs duty.
• Understanding of Trading, Global Sourcing, Secondary and Supply Chain Operations gained in an FMCG environment.
• Experience of standard industry import procedures.
• Ability to influence at all levels.
About our client
About our client
A leading Shipping / Freight distributor
What’s on offer
Michael Page Contact
For further info, apply or phone on +44 161 828 8628. Job Ref: 13281306