Intelligent control system enhances operation, simplifies
maintenance, and protects lift from damage.
Waukesha, WI – March 27, 2017, Wildeck, Inc. – Material handling equipment and safety products manufacturer, Wildeck, Inc., has introduced the most intelligent material lift control system in the industry today. The company’s new SmartControl™ system for hydraulically-operated VRCs (Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors) protects the customer’s investment by sensing when one of a dozen or more faults occur. The SmartControl™ system immediately sounds an audible alarm specific to the fault condition. This saves precious time for the operator to quickly identify the fault and make necessary corrections before the lift or its cargo are damaged. Key VRC SmartControl™ features include:
• Fault-specific audible alarm (with adjustable horn volume).
• Large placard at the control panel, and at each station to describe the fault condition.
• Accurate solid state hydraulic pressure sensor replaces mechanical pressure switch. No more adjustment or maintenance required.
• “Smart” Allen-Bradley PLC (programmable logic controller) pre-programmed with Wildeck’s patented AutoSenz® software (U.S. Patent No. 7,408,317) for automatic jam sensing and VRC overload protection.
• Extensive system diagnostics and VRC fault detection, including over-capacity, open gates and their location, VRC jams, hydraulic pressure, pump motor status, and more.
According to Wildeck, their new VRC SmartControl™ provides the best overall value and ease of operator use. “Old controls,” stated Hue Schlegel – Wildeck’s Director of Marketing, “had relay logic that stopped the VRC on an error without signaling the cause of the fault or what to do about it. Did the unit stop because it had too much weight? Did the pump run out of hydraulic oil? Did someone push the E-Stop button? Wildeck’s SmartControl™ system eliminates all of this guesswork and time-wasting troubleshooting. With fault-specific audible alarms and an internal digital panel that helps maintenance personnel quickly examine fault history, issues are immediately identified for rapid resolution allowing the lift to be back in service in the shortest amount of time.” www.wildeck.com